With Halloween just around the corner we’d thought we’d help out all the mums with a few fun and oh so cute costume tutorials. This first one comes to you from Christine at Pure Joy Events.
Fleece or Felt – two colours, one of which should be the same colour as the hoodie
Orange & black foam face masks – you should be able to get these at your local party shop
Paper and white cardstock
- Start by printing out the Owl Template 1 (click here for template). Cut a set of wings, approximately sixty individual feathers, and the mask out of the pink fleece. Then cut about twenty individual feathers out of the cream fleece.
- Starting at the bottom of the hoodie, sew a row of pink feathers. Create overlapping layers of feathers as you work your way up the hoodie.
- Flip the hoodie to the back and sew the wings along the seam of the arms.
- Print Owl Template 2 on white cardstock and cut out the pieces. Cut the beak out of the orange foam mask. (If you couldn’t find the masks at the party shop we recommend either making your own or attacking your kids foam bath toys collection – just try to be sneaky about it)
- Line the black foam mask along the bottom of the white mask and cut out the eye holes.
- Glue the pink mask on top of white mask, the black circles over the eye cut outs, and then the lashes.
- Turn over the mask and cut out the eye holes. Then glue on the black foam mask and orange beak. And you’re done!
Click here and be transported to Pure Joy Events blog where you’ll find a treat bag that is the perfect Halloween accessory.
Looking for specific fabric for this spooktacular project or the next? Give us a call on our Golden Number 0861 322 839 | 0861 FAB TEX and we’ll help you find what you need.
Friend us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and stay up to date with the latest news and specials.