Good quality craft glue
Two buttons roughly 2cm in diameter
Two clips – the backings of an old pair of clip on earrings will do nicely
- Cut the first strip of fabric into a 3.5 x 40.5cm strip, the second into a 2.5 x 40.5cm strip and the third into a circle approximately 4cm in diameter.
- Using a running stitch, gather one long edge of strip 1 into a circle with the centre as tight as possible and knot off to make a large ruffle. Turn under the overlapping short ends and secure in place on the wrong side of the ruffle then knot off. Repeat this ends with strip 2 to make a smaller ruffle.
- Dab a little bit of glue at the centre of the large ruffle. Centre the small ruffle over the glue (and therefore the large ruffle) and press into place. Put aside and wait for the glue to dry.
- Cover the button using the third piece of fabric and glue into place at the centre of the small ruffle. Apply a little pressure and then set aside until the glue has dried.
- Once dry, glue your flower to the clip and again wait for it to dry. (On reflection this is perhaps not the best activity to do on a rainy day). Voila! Your shoe clip is complete and your wardrobe rejuvenated.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and stay up to date with the latest news and specials.