It might still be unseasonably warm, but winter's not far away and being prepared is always smart. Fabric & Textile Warehouse has recently unpacked a fabulous range of beautiful plain and printed polar fleece, absolutely perfect for keeping your loved ones warm and snuggly this winter.
We've rounded up some great patterns to share with you, starting with this super easy blanket. It'll take a leisurely afternoon to put together (no sewing required!), and at just R27.99/m, it's a really easy and affordable way to make someone a perfectly timed winter warmer.
No Sew Fleece Blanket
You will need:
- 1.2m Polar Fleece (or choose your own size).
- Rotary cutter (works best to create a neatly cut fringe. If you are using scissors, make sure your cuts are clean, even and straight with no frayed edges.
- Step #1: Before you begin, trim off selvage edges and square uneven edges as needed. (Fig. 1)
- Step #2: Cut a 10cm square from each corner of the fleece. (Fig. 2)
- Step #3: Cut 10cm x 2.5cm wide fringe around blanket. (Fig. 3)
- Step #4:
- Using a seam ripper, make a tiny slit
- in the top of each piece of fringe.
- Step #5: Feed the end of the fringe through the back side of the slit you just cut and pull through to create
- a neat and secure fringed edge.